Putting the science in Social Sciences
Mapping across psychology, economics, religion, ethics, politics, but also art, history….
Economics: From Marxism to Markets
- What did Adam Smith say?
- "Helicopter drops of money" Keynes or Friedman?
- What's the right rate of tax?
- Should poor people be able to stop rich people leaving the country?
- What is school for?
- What is university for?
- Who should go, who should pay?
- What should we teach in school?
- Should private schools be banned, or should they ALL be private (or is the status-quo OK)?
- Why should governments do research?
- Should governments develop commercial properties, like drugs?
Ethics: From Singer to …
- "Giving: how much is enough?"
- Should you be your brother's keeper?
- Blank Slate?
- Universal human nature?
- A good life?
- Differences because people are different?
- Why is democracy needed?
- Does the choice of politics matter?
- What's left if you take the god our of religion? Nothing, or most everything?
- Can a society be moral if it is Godless? How?
- Post modernism to evolutionary psychology
- Fashion models and bodies
- Does SES matter?
- Social mobility: What allows it?
- Meritocracy or Cleptocracy?
- What is art?
- What is it for?
See also Differential Club